Kansas High-Low Post Cross Option
Revision as of 12:37, 19 March 2014 by BW-Ryan
|Name of Play||Kansas High-Low Post Cross Option|
|Nickname of Play||Kansas Quick Hit 1 2012|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Offensive Set Play|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||High School, College or Above|
|Best used against||Any|
- Run out of a standard Box Set.
- O4 and O5 slightly below the elbows.
- O1 brings the ball over half court.
- O2 and O3 start on the block.
- O2 and O3 use O4 and O5 as rub screens on the inside while curling out to the wing.
- O1 will make a decision on which way to go, to O3 in the case in the example above.
- The post player on the ball side elbow (O4) will start to make a cut across the key while the weak side elbow (O5) will cut over the top of O4 and curl down to the strong side block.
- After O5 passes by, O4 will take a strong V-Cut towards the rim and then fade out to the top of the key.
- O3 is given either the option to feed the post or hit the cutter to the top of the key if open for a shot.