|Drill Nickname||Form Shooting|
|Central focus of the drill||Offense|
|Number of players required||1|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||All|
- Basic drill to stress fundamentals in shooting form. A great drill that players can do on their own and as a part of a practice routine.
- 1 Player, 1 Basketball, 1 Hoop.
- Have the player stand directly in front of the hoop and perhaps a step or two back. This can also be done at an angle to the hoop (side angle or off glass at a diagonal)
- Player should focus on powering the shot with the legs and following proper shooting form with:
- Elbow straight
- Basketball balanced on the fingertips
- Square to the basket
- Follow through attempting to get a swish on every shot
- Legs shoulder width apart
- Power the shot with your legs and follow through with your fingers.
- If the player lacks access to a hoop, this drill could be done shooting at a spot on a wall.
For more on Form, please visit our page on Shooting Fundamentals.