Duke High-Post Weak Side Backscreen
Revision as of 13:52, 3 March 2014 by BW-Ryan
|Name of Play||Duke High-Post Weak Side Backscreen|
|Nickname of Play||2 High|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Offensive Set Play|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||High School, College or Above|
|Best used against||Any|
This play is run out of a 1-2-2 Offensive Set.
- O2 and O3 start in the short corner area.
- O4 and O5 up top will set a dual screen for either side of the man guarding O1.
- O1 utilizes the screen looking to dribble penetrate or kick out to the screener who will fade instead of roll.
- Strong side guard O2 sets a back screen for the opposite side post who's screen was not utilized.
- Weak side guard O3 should make a baseline cut to the opposite corner to clear out immediately after O1 chooses a side.