Three Seconds Rule
- 26.1.1 A player shall not remain in the opponents' restricted area for more than three (3) consecutive seconds while his team is in control of a live ball in the frontcourt and the game clock is running.
- 26.1.2 Allowances must be made for a player who:
- Makes an attempt to leave the restricted area.
- Is in the restricted area when he or his team-mate is in the act of shooting and the ball is leaving or has just left the player's hand(s) on the shot for a field goal.
- Dribbles in the restricted area to shoot for a field goal after having been there for less than three (3) consecutive seconds.
- 26.1.3 To establish himself outside the restricted area, the player must place both feet on the floor outside the restricted area.