Illinois Weber Quick Post/Screen and Roll Clearout
|Name of Play||Illinois Weber Quick Hitter 1|
|Nickname of Play||NA|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Offensive Set Play|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||High School, College or Above|
|Best used against||Man to Man|
This play is run out of a Box Set.
- The two players on the elbow set a staggered screen for the strong side block.
- The PG swings the ball to the player coming off the screen at the top of the key.
- The bottom screener from the staggered screen continues through and receives a cross screen from the opposite block as the player at the top of the key pushes the dribble towards the wing. If the post feed is there, hit it.
- The top screener from the staggered screen moves out towards the ball.
- If the quick post feed isn't there, the player should clear out to the weak side wing. The cross screener will re-screen at the block.
- This opens up the player up top to set a screen and roll to the inside and rolls to the weak side which has been cleared out.