Georgetown 3 Man Stack BLOB
|Name of Play||Georgetown 3 Man Stack|
|Nickname of Play||NA|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Baseline Inbound|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||Middle School, High School, College or Above|
|Best used against||Man to Man Zone Defense|
Above the three point line: In-line with the inbounder.. A scoring guard or forward.
3 man stack: Set up a few feet inside the three point line in-line with the inbounder. Forward/Center at the bottom, point guard and other guard/forward above.
Inbounder: Should have 3 point range.
- Simultaneously, the PG pops to the weak side and the other player to the strong side wing. The PG should head towards the back court and come back to the ball side if a long safety inbound pass over the top is needed.
- Bottom player in the stack will screen up for the player above the three point line.
- Inbounder looks for the player cutting to the basket off the screen.
- After screening, the player from the bottom of the stack should step above the three point line and square up to look for an inbound pass as the alternate option.
- If the inbounder is able to hit the alternate option, the player on the wing will immediately go to screen down for the inbounder who will look for the 3 on the side.