Double Down Screen to Flex Screen
|Name of Play||Sideline Inbound Double Down Screen to Flex Screen|
|Nickname of Play||Villanova Sideline|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Sideline Inbound|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||Middle School, High School, College or Above|
|Best used against||Man to Man|
- Scorer takes the ball out (preferably a player with post ability)
- Strong Side player at top of the key screens down for the strong side block.
- Inbound to player coming from the block.
- On the catch, Weak Side top of key sets a downscreen on the man guarding the weak side wing. Emphasis on screening the man, not the spot!
- Rotate the ball to weak side on the perimiter.
- Player who set the downscreen on the strong side originally should then set a flex screen for the inbounder who cuts through to his far side block looking for a layup.
- If pass is not clearly open, additional options are making the extra pass to the wing to look inside for a quick post feed.