3 Chair Drop Step Drill
|Drill||3 Chair Drop Step Drill|
|Drill Nickname||Triple Drop Step|
|Central focus of the drill||Post Oriented|
|Number of players required||1|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||All|
- 3 chairs set up: One above each block, and one half way between the basket and the foul line.
Emphasis on Drop Step fundamentals.
- Player steps up to each chair and executes a Power Dribble/drop step by taking the ball from it's resting spot on the chair.
- Optional: Have a rebounder ready to grab the rebound and replace it back onto the chair.
- Eyes up and on the rim during the move not down at the floor. Many players look down and they lose track of their position and where the rim is.
- Low base on the power dribble utilizing the hips to create and hold space.
- Finish strong at the basket.
- Technique over speed.